Field Study #5


Photo from Same Location Each Visit



Photo from Same Location Each Visit with Me in It


Date - November 16, 2025

Time - 4:27 p.m.

Temperature - 41°F

Weather - Partially sunny and cloudy, 14mph wind WNW

Length of day - 9 hours 42 minutes

Organisms observed - Some birds and squirrels, plants, trees, bushes etc

Sounds heard - wind, especially rustling the leaves, a plane overhead, animals rustling in leaves, leaves falling

Questions - I wonder how the lack of snow so far this year affects the ecosystems. I wonder if any trees will never completely lose all of their leaves. I wonder when the first snow will be.

Changes noticed since last visit - I noticed a lot less animals this time, including few birds, squirrels or chipmunks. I noticed almost no leaves left on the trees and the few that were left had completely changed color. 





Lots more fallen leaves!



Very few leaves left and all remaining leaves are very light in color.



Visibility through trees has increased dramatically due to fallen leaves.



The clubmoss is now about 10.5 inches.



I think this one is actually a sapling!








Comments