Field Study #1




1st Field Study Visit
September 7, 2025

This map shows my 30x30 that I will be using for my field study, and the important features in it.




 This video shows my 30x30 including important parts of the land.




EDD Document




Photo from Same Location Each Visit


Date - September 7, 2025

Time - 6:34 p.m.

Temperature - 62°F

Weather - Sunny, 11 mph wind NW

Length of day - 12 hours 51 minutes

Organisms observed - Some squirrels and chipmunks, lots of birds and bugs

Sounds heard - Birds chirping, squirrels in the woods, bugs buzzing around, leaves rustling around with wind

Questions - I wonder if the leaves will change sooner this year due to the cooler temperatures earlier? I wonder if I will notice a significant change in the number of birds found due to them migrating?



I found birds high up in trees.



I think he scared away most of the squirrels and chipmunks for the day.



Hard to see in picture, but found lots of bugs flying around especially in sunny areas. (Red circle shows one of the bugs)


I wonder how long this tree has been here? I wonder when and how it fell?


Found lot of moss in places that got less sun.







Comments

  1. Excellent video. May I use yours as an example?

    Great job with the photos showing what you're observing. Excellent start overall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #2

Field Study #4