Field Study #2
2nd Field Study Visit
September 28, 2025
This shows a sketch of a fallen tree in my 30x30.
Date - September 28, 2025
Time - 6:18 p.m.
Temperature - 72°F
Weather - Sunny, 6 mph wind NW
Length of day - 11 hours 51 minutes
Organisms observed - Lots of squirrels, some chipmunks and birds. Lots of bug
Sounds heard - Squirrels and chipmunks rustling, leaves/branches falling, birds calling, bugs "ringing", neighbor mowing their lawn.
Questions - I wonder how the leaves changing will be affected by having a longer season of warm weather? I wonder how the certain areas are affected in the woods when the leaves fall? Specifically due to them getting more direct sunlight?
Changes noticed since last visit - I noticed that there were a lot of new leaves that had fallen. There were also many trees that started to change colors. I also noticed the bugs being a lot louder today.
Good work overall...your pics are definitely helping your descriptions. Keep watching where the sun is and isn't for differences! Bonus if you identify your little ones and determine if/how big they will get.
ReplyDelete