Field Study #3

 


3rd Field Study Visit
October 11, 2025 





Photo from Same Location Each Visit


Date - October 11, 2025

Time - 4:07 p.m.

Temperature - 59°F

Weather - Mostly cloudy, partially sunny, 6 mph wind NW

Length of day - 11 hours 15 minutes

Organisms observed - Lots chipmunks, some squirrels and birds, a few bugs,

Sounds heard - Squirrels and chipmunks rustling, leaves falling, bugs ringing, wind + leaves rustling

Questions - I wonder when it will snow this year and how that will affect the organisms I see. I wonder when the leaves will change colors and why they haven't yet when in prior years they usually would have by now.

Changes noticed since last visit - I noticed a lot less bugs from last time and more chipmunks digging around on fallen trees and leaves. I also noticed a lot of fallen leaves, but the trees still pretty full of leaves.



Sapling is now about 6 1/2 inches tall.



Noticed a hole in the tree. I wonder if any animals/insects live in here.



This moss had some interesting red "string" like things sticking out. I wonder what this is and why.



Saw a few chipmunks here!




Hard to see here but were some squirrels running around on fallen trees.







Comments

  1. Good work. Keep watching for patterns in color change and leaf fall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #2

Field Study #1

Field Study #4